Is your child refusing to brush his/her teeth?
Many parents complain my kids are not brushing at all and ask how they can motivate them to brush.
Mornings can be tough especially when you as a parent have tonnes of things to do..like bathe your little ones, dress them up, make sure they have their breakfast and to top it all your kids refuse to brush their teeth. You as a parent what do you do then?
Here are some tips that may help.......
1) Try and make brushing a routine. Make sure your kids brush at the same time daily, either before their breakfast or after their shower every morning and stick to this routine. Don’t forget to make sure they brush their teeth before going to bed.
2) Show them how to brush correctly. Tell them to watch in the mirror as you brush their teeth. Explain what you are doing to keep them interested.
3) It can be helpful for your little one to practice brushing your own teeth first. Don’t be scared to hold their hand and brush together the first few times.
4) Join them while they brush. Children love role models, if they see you brushing your own teeth, they will likely follow you and want to prove that they too are big enough and can brush their teeth.
5) Try to make it a fun activity instead of a boring chore. Play their favorite songs, rhymes or music or tell them stories to keep them engaged while they brush for 2 minutes twice a day.
6) Children love independence, so give your child the ability to be independent by taking turns to brush. Maybe they can brush their teeth on their own in the morning and you can brush their teeth at night.
7) You can reward your child for brushing twice a day for a certain period by taking them shopping for a new toothbrush, toothpaste or gifts to make brushing more exciting.
We know getting little children to brush is a little challenging but if you have any questions, my team and i are always here to help. You can get in touch with us through our contact us page or call/whatsapp 065242550.